Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Yums: Baked rice

Its been quite some time since I ventured into the culinary world... I'm always apprehensive to make a meal but after seeing how simple it is to whip up a meal thru my friend's blog.. I decided to give it a try~

So here's my veggie version of baked rice:


1. Cook your rice ( I used japanese pearl rice)

2. Slice button mushroom & cut mock ham into small cubes

3. Mix mushroom and ham with tomato puree and cook it slightly (Sprinkle a little oregano flakes)


















4. Mix the tomato sauce with rice and place them in a casserole



















3. Slice potatoes & zucchini (soak them in salt water)




4. Layer the zucchini & potato slices on top of the rice, cover the top layer with mozzarella cheese. (I added gouda cheese for extra flavour)





















5. Bake it in the oven at 230 degree for about 30 minutes
 
6. Garnish with baby spinach



 
YAY~ its edible. haha!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment